Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Before and After: Dining Room Furniture!


A few months ago we scored some pretty awesome furniture from Craigslist. It looked like 1987, but I thought it had good bones and great potential. And for $300 for a whole wall of storage, it was worth the gamble. Today I'm thrilled to show you the finished project!

This big project had many mini-projects, which I will outline in a few additional posts, including: updating those hideous glass doors with some framed wood ones; adding fabric panels to the back of china cabinets; painting the dining room walls; sanding, painting and glazing all four pieces; and updating all the hardware with something more modern.

And I know this blog is all about how you should try new things yourself and all, but I had some serious help from some extremely talented people to pull this all off. In fact, I'm pretty sure they did more of the work than I did. But part of doing something yourself is knowing when you can't!

So here's another look at the before. Notice the lovely glass doors, those supremely tasteful brass-ish drawer pulls, and that beautiful orangey-oak color. Lovely! But EIGHT drawers! FOUR closed cabinets! EIGHT additional shelves behind glass doors! SEVEN hard-wired lights! Not to mention that this baby was built to last a lifetime - just ask the wonderful people who had to move it!

And here is another look at the after. It's like a breath of fresh air, isn't it? I really could not be more thrilled with the finished look. It is exactly what I had in mind when I saw the Craigslist post back in February and dragged my wonderful husband an hour away to check it out.
So here it is again, before and after side by side. It's hard to believe it's the same thing! What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment